A Message From Your Executive Director
Dear Residents and Families,
I’m pleased to let you know that today we had another vaccination clinic. Six staff members received their 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine and 5 other people (staff and residents) received their dose of Johnson & Johnson. Two weeks from today we will have 100% vaccination rate among residents and 89% among staff. This is a truly amazing accomplishment!
More new faces join The Village team this week. Today we welcomed to the first day of orientation our new driver, Isiah Prosper and QLS Annette Orr. Welcome aboard to them both!
Thank you for your continued support.
Last week at The Village we started off the week celebrating Mother’s Day with cookie decorating, flower arranging, and a special lunch. Throughout the rest of the week residents enjoyed daily fitness, scenic drives, daily movies, a culinary demo, root beer floats on the terrace, a walking trip to the shops in downtown WRJ, and Happy Hour on Tuesday and Friday nights! The nice weather gave us lots of opportunities to relax on Gates Garden and Cantore Terrace. On Saturday residents had the opportunity to watch the 146th Preakness Stakes in Teddy’s Pub.
This week residents can look forward to Chair Yoga, live music with Jim Hollis in Miller Stage, trivia, and coffee & current events. On Tuesday we will celebrate International Museum Day with a trip to the Vermont Toy Museum in Quechee, VT. On Thursday we will walk to Tuckerbox Cafe for a lunch outing. If you’re interested in either trip, please be sure to sign up with the concierge as attendance is limited.
Community Connection – Vaccines
Our pharmacy has resumed distribution of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
We understand that you may have questions about this process as well as the vaccines themselves, for that reason we are sharing below the links to the CDC and Johnson & Johnson websites to help answer some of your inquiries.
Family and Caregiver Support Group
The Village Caregiver Support Group
Our first meeting will be on Tuesday May 25th in the Smith and Sons Kitchen. (2:00PM-3:00PM)
We will meet person and I will also send out a Zoom link for those who are unable to attend in person.
Our ongoing meeting schedule will be determined at that time.
Please contact Gretchen Cole with any questions.
Staff Spotlight – Lisa Atkinson, RN
The dynamic Lisa Atkinson, RN recently joined our nursing team. She will be working with our residents until she begins her school nurse position at the end of the summer. After that she will stay on as a per diem nurse. We are so happy to have her! Lisa has 2 children and a goldendoodle puppy on the way to join her family in June. She loves hiking, playing with her children and baking. She even collects cooking and baking tools! Welcome aboard, Lisa!
Join Nikki every Wednesday at 10:00 am via Zoom for COVID and community updates and have an opportunity to ask questions.
This Week’s Menu
This Week’s Activities
COVID-19 In Our Community
We are committed to keeping you informed of how COVID-19 is impacting The Village at White River Junction. We continue our robust commitment to following the guidelines from both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities by:
- Based on our current Phase and the positivity rate in our county, the following protocols for visitation are in place:
- All visits must be scheduled ahead of time. We need to record the time you enter the community.
- Residents may have up to 4 visitors per day
- We will gather name and contact info for contact tracing for every visit.
- Visits may occur between 9am and 7pm.
- Core principles of COVID-19 infection prevention will be enforced. These include:
- Screening before each visit
- Hand hygiene
- Mask use for all visitors and staff; fully vaccinated visitors may remove their mask when in a private area with a fully vaccinated resident
- Visits can occur in the resident’s apartment or outside.
- Requiring all staff to wear surgical or procedural masks and adhere to screening processes
- Maintaining the frequency and rigor of cleaning and sanitizing all surfaces
- Reviewing our emergency preparedness and response program
- Asking residents and employees to adhere to the State of Vermont travel restrictions
- Coordinating best practices across our large partner network
- Group activities are held
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
LCS COVID-19 website
Local health department website
From the Governor